Creamed spinach soup is the perfect comfort food!
Creamed spinach soup is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day. This creamy soup is packed with flavor and will leave you feeling warm and satisfied.
To make this delicious soup, start by heating some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic, and cook until softened. Next, add in the spinach and cook until wilted.
Pour in enough broth to cover the vegetables, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and stir in the milk and Parmesan cheese until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with some fresh crusty bread for dipping. Enjoy!
This easy creamed spinach soup recipe is perfect for a winter dinner!
Ingredients: - 1 tablespoon olive oil - 1 chopped onion - 2 cloves minced garlic - 8 cups vegetable broth - 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry - 1 cup heavy cream - Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and add the spinach. Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Creamy and delicious, this spinach soup is a family favorite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 bunches of fresh spinach, tough stems removed, leaves chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme and pepper and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach and cream and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Serve hot.
This cream of spinach soup is loaded with flavor and healthy vegetables!
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium onion, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained 1/2 teaspoon dried basil 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 cup half-and-half or light cream 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Instructions:
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add chicken broth and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a boil. Add spinach and basil; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes.
In a blender, process soup mixture in batches until smooth. Return to pan. Stir in half-and-half and Parmesan cheese. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately
A quick and easy spinach soup that's perfect for a busy weeknight!
-1 tablespoon olive oil -1 small onion, diced -2 cloves garlic, minced -6 cups chicken or vegetable stock -10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped -1/2 cup heavy cream -salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the stock and spinach and bring to a simmer. Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.